We’ve received this request from Morisset Evangelical Church and we’re keen to see if there’s someone in Geneva’s community who can help fill this need:
Church planter for Morisset Evangelical Church
Morisset is located in the fast-growing area of south-west Lake Macquarie on the borders of the Central Coast and Hunter Region. There are more than 23,000 people in the Morisset area, but less than 700 are attending Protestant Churches.
With two High Schools and eight Primary Schools, there are a huge number of unreached young people in the 8-18 age range who, along with their parents, need to hear the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. We are a group of evangelical Christians with a Statement of Faith similar to that of FIEC member churches and we see an urgent need here for a strong evangelical church that has a particular focus on young families.
We began meeting as three couples for Bible study and prayer in September 2010. In October 2011 we transitioned to a Sunday night House Church style of meeting and currently have 13 adults in regular attendance. We are seeking God’s man to lead us towards and beyond the public launch of Morisset Evangelical Church.
We seek a man who, ideally:
– Is married and is in the 35-45 age range
– Has school-age children (& will enrol them in state schools in the Morisset area)
– Has been assessed by Geneva Push as suitable to be a church planter
– Has done theological training
– Has pastoral ministry experience
Although it would be preferable to have someone work with us full-time we may have to consider a part-time appointment initially, with the pastor’s income from the church supplemented by some other form of paid work (unless we can source funds from elsewhere). We do not have any church property (e.g. pastor’s house).
The key roles we would expect our pastor to take on would be:
– Spiritual leadership of the church
– Expository preaching
– Facilitate a culture of evangelism and discipleship within the church
– Develop leaders of Growth Groups (for Bible study & prayer & pastoral care)
– Establish a Ministry Training Strategy program
Our vision is for a Bible-based, Gospel-driven church, strong on evangelism and discipleship, with a particular focus on families.
For more information email: email@example.com
Click here to download this position description as a pdf in the event that you know someone you’d like to pass it on to.
All God’s blessings,