The Geneva network cares about potential planters and we want to make sure they are well prepared for the hard yards ahead. An essential part of what the Geneva network does is the assessment of potential church planters. It takes some time to complete the process, between 10-15 hours to complete the documents and allow about 10 hours to complete the planting plan.
The assessment process has essentially two phases:
Phase 1: Tasks to complete before Multiply attendance and/or Assessment
• Notify us of your desire to be assessed. You can notify us online by using the form at the bottom of this page. We will then send you a number of forms to fill in.
• Complete the Application Form, which includes contact information, church planting status, agreement to Geneva Doctrinal Statement and references from a minister/pastor, a friend/peer and someone you have been discipling.
• Submit your Resume and a recent photo.
• Complete an online Church Planter Assessment tool.
• Complete the Questionnaires, including Testimony and Conviction to Plant, Marriage and Family, Theology and Pastoral theology and Planting Strategy and Timeline.
• Complete the Personality Profiles, including the Entrepreneurial Assessment Test.
• Complete the Confidential Questionnaire
• Submit an MP3 Preaching sample of a recent sermon.
• Take part in a face to face or phone interview.
Phase 2: Personal Assessment
• Attend Multiply
• Once you have completed the assessment documents an assessment interview will take place with you and your wife (if applicable). The assessment interview takes about 2 hours to complete and will be undertaken by experienced Australian church planters.